The LaFT BW publicly represents independent dance and theatre professionals in Baden-Württemberg and is financially supported by the state of Baden-Württemberg through the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts. Since it was founded in 1991, the LaFT BW has been a part of the Bundesverband Freie Darstellende Künste e.V. (Federal Association of Performing Arts), the umbrella organisation of the Independent Dance and Theatre Professionals Organisation in Germany.
In addition to city and state theatres, the Independent Dance and Theatre Professionals Organisation is the second German nationwide pillar in the field of the performing arts. In Baden-Wuerttemberg alone, it generates more than 800,000 visitors annually.
The aim of the association is to promote independent dance and theatre professionals in all divisions – children, youth and adults.
- Support for projects, including those in “cultural education”, guest performances, training courses/seminars/scholarships and regional festivals.
- Funding for performances
- Funding for resuming productions
- Funding for concepts
- Insurance cover for members (accident and liability insurance)
- Legal advice
- General GEMA contract (German Association for the Protection of Musical Performance Rights)
- Compensation agreement and KSK (German Artists’ Social Security Fund)
- Public relations
- Specialist seminars
- General consultation in the area of theatre
- Information for event organisers
It goes without saying that we are open to inquiries from event organisers. Just call us!
LaFT BW office
Tel: 07221-3 99 99 11